Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Advertisement.

The advertisement has a picture of a girl who is very dressed up and seems to almost be camping… while wearing a pair of fancy heels. This does not seem at all right, almost a complete contradiction in itself. The opposite side of the add has a close up of the shoes showing almost an old school western look with another pair of modern, fancy heels. This shows a complete contrast between the styles and could almost resemble conflict. The woman is in a pensive pose, looking off into the distance, seeming to be contemplating something. She is wearing clothing that has very earthy colors, but is shiny and very chic. There is a sleeping bag and a massive tent behind her. It almost seems to try and tell us that we can have the best of both worlds? Be modern, yet still be close to nature and be down to earth. Maybe this picture could be taken as the struggle between these two extremes.

My topic which I discussed during the in class writing was my discovery of my fear of failure concerning music. It has to do with the complete conflict between my love of music and how I am afraid of losing it. I am afraid to completely put myself out there because I do not want to lose something I care about so much. Maybe this picture could resemble the conflict between my love and almost fear for music. Like nature and the modern stylish clothing, they are conflicting. Maybe the girl can represent how I am not sure how to combine these two extremes. She is trying to discover what to do and where the line is between these extremes. She is going through the extreme conflict and discovery of her problem and could easily resemble the moment of my understanding of my conflicting ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment